Friday, April 25, 2008

Ironfest

Back from Ironfest. Pleasant enough afternoon. Not too cold. Wife slowed us down by knowing every second market stall holder (Wife used to do markets and still supplies her leadlight and works at two co-op style art/craft shops). 
Also bumped into drummer Matthew (playing in jazz trio - horn,guitar,drums)  and his wife Marguerite. Jammed with him and his mates a few times a couple of years ago. Too hard for me to keep going because of work and frankly I often felt out of my depth. Mat's claim to fame was being the drummer on the old Mike Walsh show (younger readers ask your stay at home mothers). Anyway, there would be different people turn up every time and they were mostly seriously good. I would have learned a lot if I'd kept going but like I say, too hard. One of the guys (the guitarist on TMWS) did offer to give me free lessons. Why didn't I take him up?...Lazy I guess.
Anyway, back to Ironfest. One of the main things we went for was the jousting. We saw it last year and it was all very exciting. People in armour on horses charging at each other. This year all there was, was a few people chopping rock melons with swords. Not quite so dramatic!
Nice afternoon anyway.

No comments: