Friday, July 24, 2009

'Bout time I wrote something here.
Having a bit of a blast from the past this coming Monday. Off to see The Specials at the Enmore. One of my favourite bands from the late 70s, early 80s. Around the time when I was 14 or 15 and highly impressionable. Nothing's changed then. Music's still important. Thought you were supposed to grow out of these things. Going with a couple of old friends from those days who know how special The Specials were.


Then me and the misses are off to see Elvis Costello in November,
also at the Enmore.
When I was a lad I used think I would name a child Rudy
after the above song.
Of course I got over that...and took our son's middle name from
Costello's real first name (look it up if you have to).
It's a funny old world.


Also in november am off to Melbourne with a pal from work
to see a taping
of Rockwiz. The best music show on TV.
At the end of the show the two guest stars sing a duet.
This one always makes me smile...
.

No comments: